[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `Hu0' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - A Question About RCN Aviation ranks 1945-1962
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

A Question About RCN Aviation ranks 1945-1962

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

A Question About RCN Aviation ranks 1945-1962

Unread postby E. Miller » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:25 am

Hello
I am doing some research on the Canadian Navy. At the end of WW2 4 squadrons were transfered from the FAA to the RCN. I am curious as to whether or not the pilots retained the RCN rank system or adopted the RCAF system.
E. Miller
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby The Col. » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:15 am

As far as I'm aware, one or two Royal Canadian Navy aircraft carriers were supplemented by RCAF aircraft and personnel until around 1950, in which the RCN staffed their own aircraft and flightdecks.

If you want to double check, these guys will be sure to know:

http://www.readyayeready.com/contact.htm

Hope that helps ya!

The Col.
The Col.
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby E. Miller » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:02 am

It helps some yes. However the setup is really confusing. If the aircraft were RCAF crewed were they only attached to the RCN?. If so then does that mean they stayed with their RCAF ranks?. I feel abit slow bugging everyone about this but there is no clear answer anywhere.
E. Miller
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby nelsy58 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:11 pm

Nope, pers from the RCAF who flew with the RCN maintained their RCAF ranks as they went back. New RCN pers (or any who transferred into the RCN from the RCAF) adopted RCN ranks which were the same as RN ones (with a few new NCO ones that the RCN created overall.
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA