It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:41 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Puerto Rico National Guard

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Puerto Rico National Guard

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:00 am

Hi everybody, logged into the US Army homepage, section NG Commannds, I note the unit badges for Puerto Rico and Guam, would it be fair to assume they use standard US rank insignia? can anyone clarify this?
Cheers. :?: :?: :?:
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:36 pm

Yes, the ranks and insignia are most likley the same for both Guam and PR.

However, since the PR Police uses a very different system then other US law enforcement agencies there is a possibility they could use a different system though I doubt it.
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dcfowler1 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:28 pm

The Puerto Rico Army & Air National Guard, the Virgin Islands Army and Air National Guard, and the Guam Army and Air National Guard are absolutely no different from the Kansas Army and Air National Guard, the California Army and Air National Guard, etc., etc. While they are commanded by the commonwealth or territorial governors when not mobilized, they are trained and organized to be part and parcel of the the US Army and US Air Force, and there is no difference in their uniforms or ranks, aside from unit shoulder sleeve insignia. I imagine all of the above components have served in Iraq or Afghanistan in combat roles, but I know for sure that the Guam and Puerto Rico ARNGs have. Guam possesses a light infantry battalion, and Puerto Rico possesses an entire air assault infantry brigade.

American Sa'moa does not have the Guard, though Federal reserve units are based there. The Northern Mariana Islands also does not, but they are working on securing funding and Congressional Support for a CNMI National Guard.

Dave
dcfowler1
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Puerto Rico NG

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:28 am

Hi Dave thanks for the information, I would like to make up rank charts for PR and Guam, do you know if they use enlisted ranks up to Sergeant Major and Chief Master sergeant respectively, and how high do the senior ranks go? i.e. Major general etc. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers :?: :?: :?:
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dcfowler1 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:47 pm

As I indicated ranks and insignia are the same. They have all the usual enlisted ranks right up to E-9, and the Army Guard has all the chief warrant officer ranks. The senior warrant officer in each ARNG component has the title (not rank) of "Command Chief Warrant Officer", but has rank of a regular CWO-5. The senior ARNG enlisted in each state/territory would be a command sergeant major, and the senior ANG enlisted would be a command chief master sergeant.

Top rank in most states and terrirtories is the major general, who serves as adjutant general, and may come from either the Army or Air Guards. The chief of the National Guard Bureau is a lieutenant general.
CT, MA, MO, NV, NJ, PR, VI guards are currently commanded by brigadier generals, but except for VI, I expect that's just a temporary situation. All the rest have major generals in command.

Dave
dcfowler1
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

PR NG

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:55 am

HI Dave, once again thanks for your help. I can now construct rank pages for the 3, Puerto Rico, Virgin Is. and Guam.. I did look up the PR website and I see in the case of PR., the guard Commander is to be promoted to Major General.
Once again many thanks.
Cheers.
:D :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA