It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Aggressor (US Army) rank insignias of the 1950s

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Aggressor (US Army) rank insignias of the 1950s

Unread postby marcpasquin » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:42 pm

I finally got around to drawing 1953 version of the rank insignias for the Circle Trigonists' armed forces. As Imageshack is now a paid service and since there was a bit of background and uniform description text to be added, I've put it on the Insignias Wiki I had set up years ago but hadn't used since the encyclopedia went back online:

http://insignias.wikia.com/wiki/Aggress ... _Forces%29
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Aggressor (US Army) rank insignias of the 1950s

Unread postby Dorward_Bis » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:37 am

Great job, Marc)) And invaluable information - I had never even heard about the existence of such an OPFORCE system before NATO started to use the Warsaw Pact armed forces as their imaginary (and potential) opponents.
aka Dorward and Dmitry Belokurov
Dorward_Bis
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby marcpasquin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:23 am

question to all: I've been able to identify all elements reused for the aggressor rank insignias except for the circular pip used for some sergeants and the warrant officer, does anyone know what uniform element from the period this could have been originaly ?
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby SFMRAS » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:20 pm

marcpasquin wrote:question to all: I've been able to identify all elements reused for the aggressor rank insignias except for the circular pip used for some sergeants and the warrant officer, does anyone know what uniform element from the period this could have been originaly ?

When I see circles/disks as rank insignia, I tend to think Army/Marine (Junior) Reserve Officer Training Corp. Not sure which came first, though.
There's a variant of the Cadet 1ST Lieutenant and Cadet Captain ranks where the disks overlap a little, and, I think, the Cadet Lr. Colonel and Cadet Colonel ranks, too, so if there's any pictures of these 'Aggressors' with similar insignia, it might point to one influencing or borrowing from the other.
My $0.02.
SFMRAS
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:47 pm

DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ijnfleetadmiral » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:21 am

SFMRAS wrote:
marcpasquin wrote:question to all: I've been able to identify all elements reused for the aggressor rank insignias except for the circular pip used for some sergeants and the warrant officer, does anyone know what uniform element from the period this could have been originaly ?

When I see circles/disks as rank insignia, I tend to think Army/Marine (Junior) Reserve Officer Training Corp. Not sure which came first, though.
There's a variant of the Cadet 1ST Lieutenant and Cadet Captain ranks where the disks overlap a little, and, I think, the Cadet Lr. Colonel and Cadet Colonel ranks, too, so if there's any pictures of these 'Aggressors' with similar insignia, it might point to one influencing or borrowing from the other.
My $0.02.

Those ranks bring back the good ol' days...I was in the Army JROTC all four years of high school. It was the only thing that kept me in school past 8th grade, to be honest. Achieved C/CPT my senior year and was S-3 of my unit...and by that time the only senior cadet who gave a crap about the program. Good times...good times.
ijnfleetadmiral
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA