It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 am
Change font size

HYPOTHETICAL RANKS

SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---NAGORNO-KARABAKH)

Dealing primarily with contemporary and historical Earth nations. (Science-fiction oriented rank systems, such as Star Trek, Starship Troopers, etc.), should be placed in FICTIVE Rank Insignia.

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Zdzislaw Rudzki

SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---NAGORNO-KARABAKH)

Unread postby Chuck Anderson » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi Everyone!

Presented here are the flag, coat-of-arms and maps of the Republic of Nagorno-Karabakh, (a nation seeking independence from Azerbaijan.)

For the armed forces of Nagorno-Karabakh, would their insignia of rank resemble those of Azerbaijan or perhaps some of the other former-Soviet republics, or would they perhaps take on an entirely different form? Would the nation's armed forces insignia of rank perhaps draw inspiration from their national coat-of-arms?

What might their aircraft roundels (national markings for their military aircraft)look like?

Chuck Anderson
UniformInsignia Forum Administrator
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
Attachments
NAGORNO-KARABAKH FLAG AND MAP.png
cbakiteskites@yahoo.com
I'm NOT a Civilian.....I'm A VETERAN!!!!
(USAF Veteran)
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Medals: 1
Sponzor < 150 EUR (1)
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Re: SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---NAGORNO-KARABAKH)

Unread postby marcpasquin » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:19 am

I was always under the impression (and the flag seem to point that way) that the separatists saw themselves as armenians first and foremost with independence in its current form simply a result of armenia not willing to annex it and thus going to war with azerbaidjan (as well as facing international sanction).

What this mean is that an internationaly recognised independence might be in a fashion similar to Kosovo with the country using symbols that are not overtly linked with armenia and probably something that is highly neutral though considering that from what I can see on pictures, the karabakh armed forces currently use soviet style insignias just like armenia and a lot of other countries, so that might not be that big of an issue.
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: SECCESSIONIST Nations (Map and Flag---NAGORNO-KARABAKH)

Unread postby Miklós Lovász » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 am

I don't think NK seeks independence, but rather union with Armenia. They already have a military force (and had one since 1992): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagorno-K ... fense_Army
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to HYPOTHETICAL RANKS