It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:22 am
Change font size

HYPOTHETICAL RANKS

Tibet Armed Forces

Dealing primarily with contemporary and historical Earth nations. (Science-fiction oriented rank systems, such as Star Trek, Starship Troopers, etc.), should be placed in FICTIVE Rank Insignia.

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Tibet Armed Forces

Unread postby general_tiu » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I fear I may have reposted this again, but what do you think would the military rank insignia of Tibet would look like if it gets independence from China? Would it be similar to China? Or anything else?
general_tiu
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Re: Tibet Armed Forces

Unread postby SFMRAS » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:58 pm

If I had to guess, I'd say they'd copy Taiwan's applicable rank insignia for 'solidarity', or maybe revert to pre-PRC insignia.
Or a mishmash of pre-PRC and Taiwan insignias.
SFMRAS
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby jrichardn2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:00 am

I would guess that a future Tibetan army would adopt or adapt the uniforms and insignia of the pre-1950 Tibetan army. It would depend a lot on who had the greatest influence - definitely not the ROC, probably not the PRC - they'd probably want to look a lot different - so maybe India, which is of British origin - and the gov't in exile have been based in India for 60 years.
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:33 am

I think the indian system is the most likely, both due to number of Tibetans in that country (and in the special frontier force) as well as the fact that just before invasion, the Tibetan army appear to have been kitted out in british surplus.
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to HYPOTHETICAL RANKS