[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - Canadian Police Ranks - Calgary
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am
Change font size

AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Canadian Police Ranks - Calgary

Police, Security

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Canadian Police Ranks - Calgary

Unread postby nelsy58 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:34 pm

I don't have the visuals for Calgary PS however the rank strucutre is:

Chief Constable (Chief of Police): Same as most city police in Canada. The style of a British Brigadier with Crown of St Edward and stars/pips in a triangle.

Deputy Chief - Crown and two pips as a Colonel in UK

Inspector - I believe it is three pips as a UK Army/Marine Captain

Staff Sgt - Same as the UK Army Staff Sgt

Sgt - same as UK sergenant

Senior Constable - same as UK Lance Corp

Constable - no insigna

You can look at the Winnipeg Police Service to get a close idea to styles and colours for Calgary though the WPS has more ranks than Calgary.
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:25 pm

What color are the chevrons for S/Constable through Staff Sergeant and where is the insignia worn (sleeves or collars)?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Calgary Police Service

Unread postby nelsy58 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:18 pm

I believe on tunic the colour of cheverons are gold and on the shirts they are back with red piping around. Worn on both sleeves.

BN
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: Canadian Police Ranks - Calgary

Unread postby fortsmithman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 am

You forgot the rank of Superintendent which is a crown above one pip.
fortsmithman
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby nelsy58 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:01 pm

The Superintent Rank is relatively new or at least new in a re-introduction, and was done after my post. Actual date unsure.
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby fortsmithman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:43 am

The rank of superintendent has been there since 2011 as it is in the current collective agreement between the city of Calgary and the Calgary Police Senior Officer's Association.

http://www.calgary.ca/CS/HR/Documents/U ... redirect=1
fortsmithman
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby nelsy58 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:47 am

2011 is probably the official date. I was in Calgary in 2007/08 and met one of the Deputy Chiefs who said they were bringing the rank into service to assist in the management of the CPS as there was a big gap from Inspector to Deputy Chief. How long it took I don't know and whether it was done before the contract signed in 2011 unsure either. Anyhow it is a CPS rank and the indicator is a St Edward Crown above a Star (pip).
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby fortsmithman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:59 am

In the early to mid 1980s I lived in Calgary and at the time they used the staff inspector rank which they stopped using.
fortsmithman
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby nelsy58 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 pm

I know Staff Inspector is in Ontario but only for municipal police and not the Ont Prov Police. Same for Staff Superintent as all rank structures come under an Ont Provincial Act for municipal policing (also explains the different insignia for municipal police compared to OPP with Maple Leafs vice stars and a crown vice stars for Inspectors, etc.). Didn't know Calgary used Staff Inspector or anyone else outside of Ont, but heck why not.
nelsy58
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA