It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:49 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Mistake on Netherlands Antilles police ranks.

Police, Security

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Mistake on Netherlands Antilles police ranks.

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:42 pm

On the Netherlands Antilles police part of the uniforminsignia.org website is a mistake. The rankstars used to make up the officerranks are not correct. the stars used on the website are the ones used by the Cuerpo Policial Aruba. The ranks stars which should have been used are the ranksstars of the Royal Netherlands Army officers.

Maybe someone can correct this.
See:http://www.korpspolitiecuracao.com/

Go to "over de politie" and choose "rangen" from the menu.

Cheers Martin smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:04 pm

Thanks for the correction Martin, hopefully Pavel will be able to fix this soon.

Would you happen to have any better images of the rank insignia? I can barely make it out on the Netherlands Antilles Police website.

Also, Aruba and the Netherlands Antilles also have their own Customs, Immigration, Prisons and I think even a Coast Guard .... would you happen to know anything about their rank insignia?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi Chris,

I looked in to my documentation and found the rankchart I printed 7 years ago. It came from the official website back then. The rank of adjunct-inspecteur has disappeared the highest rank now is hoofdcammissaris (chief commissioner). I mailed it to you. I hope you can put it up the forum and forward it to Pavel.

Regarding the coast guard; this is a part of the Dutch navy and as so it utilizes the same rankinsignia. For the other branches i have to look in to it.

Cheers Martin smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Martin, something must have gotten messed up in delivery. I did not get any email from you smilies-18

Try The24thFoot@aol.com
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi Chris, well this has to wait since I'm at work right now, nightshift, and the picture is on my home computer.
smilies-03

Cheers Martin smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 am

Ok Martin, no problem. Stay safe on the streets!
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:55 am

Chris

I found a pretty datailed discription of the Aruba Customs uniform including the rankinsignia but no images. It's in dutch so i have to translate it when i have the time.

Regarding the other disciplines I haven't found anything useful. Since the Islands have their own governments, Antilles and Aruba, The different departments, Customs, Prison and Immigration answer to their own ministries and not to their dutch counterparts. So I know for sure they have their own ranksystem and uniforms when they use ranks and/or uniforms.

Maybe you can contact the different departments or ministries.

Cheers Martin smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:27 pm

Here are the ranks of the Cuerpo Policial Aruba/Korps Politie Aruba:

http://www.kparuba.com/ensignias.html

Aruba is part of the Kingdom of the Netherlands with a status aparte (autonomous)

The Netherlands Antilles will seize to excist in 2010. Curacao and St. Maarten will gain the similar status aparte as Aruba. Bonaire St. Eustasius and Saba will become municipalities of the Netherlands. This probably will bring along that Curacao and St. Maarten will get their own policeforce and Bonaire, Saba and St. Eustasius probably will get the dutch Regionpolice. I will try to keep you up to date.

Cheers smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Re: Mistake on Netherlands Antilles police ranks.

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:05 am

The new name for the police of the Dutch caribbean islands is: Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland/ Police Corps Caribbean Netherlands. Their rank insignia is like depicted here:

http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/index.php?view=pagina&id=226&set_language=NL

Aspirant/trainee
Agent/Officer
Brigadier/ Senior officer
Hoofdagent/Sergeant
Inspecteur/Inspector
Hoofdinspecteur/Superintendent
Commissaris/ Ass. Commissioner
Hoofdcommissaris/ Commissioner Chief of Police

Cheers smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Martin Mennega wrote:The new name for the police of the Dutch caribbean islands is: Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland/ Police Corps Caribbean Netherlands. Their rank insignia is like depicted here:

http://www.rijksdienstcn.com/index.php?view=pagina&id=226&set_language=NL

Aspirant/trainee
Agent/Officer
Brigadier/ Senior officer
Hoofdagent/Sergeant
Inspecteur/Inspector
Hoofdinspecteur/Superintendent
Commissaris/ Ass. Commissioner
Hoofdcommissaris/ Commissioner Chief of Police

Cheers smilies-02

Does this force cover all 6 Dutch Caribbean islands or just the 3 that became "Special Municipalities" of the Netherlands proper? I was under the impression that Aruba, Curacao, and St. Maarten would still maintain their individual police forces.
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Chris,

Your right. Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland applies to the Islands of Bonaire, St. Eustasius and Saba.

For a better view of the ranks of the police of St. Maarten view: www.korpspolitiesss.com click about the police. Then click Functions and Positions on the right and then click on next in the right corner. They are the same rank insignia where we discussed about earlier in this thread. You better save a copy of these insignia because this website is in fact out dated.

Martin. smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Martin Mennega wrote:Chris,

Your right. Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland applies to the Islands of Bonaire, St. Eustasius and Saba.

For a better view of the ranks of the police of St. Maarten view: http://www.korpspolitiesss.com click about the police. Then click Functions and Positions on the right and then click on next in the right corner. They are the same rank insignia where we discussed about earlier in this thread. You better save a copy of these insignia because this website is in fact out dated.

Martin. smilies-02

Thanks Martin!

Im curious, do the Dutch National Police and the KMAR (Royal Marechausse) regularly operate in the Caribbean? A friend of mine took a picture of what she thought were 'Aruba Police' and it turns out that they are KMAR. I assume they are there due to their border guard & military police duties?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 am

Chris,

Again you're right. The dominant visible difference between CPA and KMar is the color of their shirt. CPA wears white and KMar lightblue. second the KMar doesn't have shoulderpatches on the shirt. The KMar has besides the two roles you mentioned also a advising role. The Dutch (Civil) Region Police doesn't play a large role.

Of topic.
You mention the "Dutch National Police" this isn't yet the case. In fact we have apoliceforce that consists of 25 regions whose chiefs of police answer to the ministry of Security and Justice. Please see www.politie.nl This year this structure will change to the Korps Politie Nederland which will be a genuine National Police with 1 Chief of Police. If there will be any changes to ranks or rankstructure I will let it know. We are on our way to a new more practical streetuniform. I might post some pictures of one of the proposals

Cheers smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Martin Mennega wrote:Chris,

Again you're right. The dominant visible difference between CPA and KMar is the color of their shirt. CPA wears white and KMar lightblue. second the KMar doesn't have shoulderpatches on the shirt. The KMar has besides the two roles you mentioned also a advising role. The Dutch (Civil) Region Police doesn't play a large role.

Of topic.
You mention the "Dutch National Police" this isn't yet the case. In fact we have apoliceforce that consists of 25 regions whose chiefs of police answer to the ministry of Security and Justice. Please see http://www.politie.nl This year this structure will change to the Korps Politie Nederland which will be a genuine National Police with 1 Chief of Police. If there will be any changes to ranks or rankstructure I will let it know. We are on our way to a new more practical streetuniform. I might post some pictures of one of the proposals

Cheers smilies-02

Thanks for the information Martin!

Will the KMAR still exist as a separate agency or will it become part of the new National Police like what happened in Belgium and Austria?

Could you post the new uniform proposal pictures? Im curious to see what this uniform will look like. Here in the US, 'practical clothing' is taken to mean baseball caps and 5.11 brand "BDUs" which are ugly looking and too militaristic smilies-18
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am

The Kmar will stay as is for all I know. Since defense under which ministry the Kmar resides is continuing to be subject to cut backs due to the european monetary crisis, I don't know what future governments will do.

Concerning the new work uniform there are still no pictures and I don't expect them until the new year. Surely no BDU's for our government is clearly allergic to a to militaristic appearance for police. For what I hear in the rumors of the new uniform I should be content. To be continued.

Cheers smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Martin Mennega » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:18 am

New url for the rankinsignia of the Korps Politie Caribisch Nederland (Caribbian Netherlands Police):

http://www.politiecn.com/index.php?option=com_admirorgallery&view=layout&Itemid=138&lang=en&AG_MK=0&AG_form_paginInitPages_0=1&AG_form_albumInitFolders_0=/Uniform&AG_form_scrollTop=0&AG_form_scrollLeft=0

Chris: for the new dutch police uniform and the addition to the ranks see European board.

Cheers smilies-02
Who dares wins
Martin Mennega
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA