[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `(ÔŌ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `(ÔŌ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `(ÔŌ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `(ÔŌ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `Ť7=' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - Blainville Police
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 am
Change font size

AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Blainville Police

Police, Security

Moderators: Mikl√≥s Lov√°sz, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Mońćoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Blainville Police

Unread postby marcpasquin » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Standard Quebec municipal insignias. Only notable fact is that all ranks save for the Directeur and Directeur-Adjoint have the service name at the bottom of the epaulette as "Police Blainville" while the later 2 simply have "Blainville". I would assume this is due to being part of 2 different batch.

http://insignias.wikia.com/wiki/Service_de_Police_de_la_Ville_de_Blainville
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Blainville Police

Unread postby Luke2 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:34 pm

Maybe its lack of space under the fleurs-de-lys./Luke
Luke2
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Blainville Police

Unread postby marcpasquin » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:05 am

Luke2 wrote:Maybe its lack of space under the fleurs-de-lys./Luke

I don't think so. Directeur level officers of some other services have the name of their service on 2 lines so it doesn't appear to be a problem. For example:

the Police service of the Agglomeration of Longueuil:

Of the directeur of the town of Bromont:

I have also been able to find pictures of an agent in the media relation unit wearing a jacket that has "Blainville" on its shoulder straps

sara-tousignant.jpg
sara-tousignant.jpg (54.01 KiB) Viewed 1022 times

unlike her lieutenant who has "Police Blainville" below his rank stripes.

Since you would assume that the agent is newer to the service then the lieutenant, the one line service name is more then likely part of the new branding and the current directeur grade insignias were probably made for the current directeur (actually directrice, she is the first female municipal police chief in Quebec).

The earliest image I was able to find for her is from 2009 when she officialy took here post (she had been interim chief since 2007):

And unfortunatly I wasn't able to find one of her predecessor so I can't see what insignias he wore.
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA