It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 am
Change font size

FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA

Hi, I need an imput on the CSDF Chain of ranks:

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Hi, I need an imput on the CSDF Chain of ranks:

Unread postby lordziba » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:26 am

I was looking at the ranks and chain of command in the game "Warhawk," where they for some reason Second and First Lieutenants were not field officers, but nonecommes. It gave me an idea, imagine the situation: the Colonial Systems Defense Force. The CSDF specifically designed to operate in a long time battles without any significant reinforcements, or just absorbing local planetary militias. So my question, since the CSDF has a priority over local defense force, and sometimes the Force presence is limited, so I decided to create two axillary/provisional/brevet ranks: Field Lieutenant Sergeant and Field Captain Sergeant. Both ranks are function as normal officer equivalents, however, these rank given to the highest NCO present to a duration of the mission, or to the end of the campaign. Furthermore, the designated on those ranks are those nonecommes who did not even finish the officers' school, but have a most field experience available. Now the question, are those ranks are feasible, as for instance, the existence of the Senior Colonel, while there is a Brigadier General, since in my mind the Senior Colonel in this case is rather in a brevet position, put in charge as a step-gap measure, or who was simply pain in a butt while retired was not awarded the General promotion with all it's perks.

Thanx again for future input Zibster smilies-34 !

P.S. what is exact duty of Feldwebelleutnant, and is it kind of in line with my idea of brevet provisional Lieutenant?
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Unread postby lordziba » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:09 pm

I already did something akin to this:
http://a786.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... 09b721.jpg

Some points: There one more rank of Recruit which is not there, since this rank does not have any insignias, and pre-bootcamp. Ranks of Filed Lieutenant and Captain Sergeants awarded to the Highest None Commissioned Officers available as provisional command of the troops according to the real officers positions. In the force only those who passed ether Military academy or officers school qualified to be an officer, as well as to became any General, one mast past the General Command Academy or Command Institute. In the colonial force accepted any graduate of any military school, however, regardless to a conclusive rank ( could be as high as First Lieutenant, or Captain) first rank is Subaltern, who treated as provisional 2nd Lieutenant for a year as method of evaluation, note the ranks of Filed Lieutenant and Captain Sergeants outranked Subaltern in a duration of the mission. Furthermore, for Subalterns, and Warrant Officers, who ended up in command temporary awarded ether with Filed Lieutenant or Captain Sergeants in order to assume command (rank Field Captain Sergeant as oppose to rank of Field Lieutenant Sergeant awarded not because some NCO has more experience than the other, but simply the number of troops to command, only rank of as high as a planetary Militia Major has priority command over Colonial NCO). Rank of Senior Colonel is a brevet or provisional rank, since to became a Flag Officer, possible only after the Command school, but in many cases this rank awarded to an ordinary Colonel (rarely, Lieutenant Colonels) with the most of experience as a ether stop-gap measure of the command, or simply highest commanding officer available on a need bases to override the local forces command.

Zibster, smilies-26 !
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA