It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:48 am
Change font size

FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA

STARSHIP TROOPERS 3

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

STARSHIP TROOPERS 3

Unread postby ELSUPREMO » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:47 pm

Some insignia changes from the first Starship Troopers have been made in the third film. The ADMIRAL uses 3 stars and the bolts of a general, and her apparently immediate superior, the SKY MARSHAL wears gold and red collar tabs similar to those in the German Third Reich, and in addition, very plain, unimaginative shoulder boards with three parallel length-wise bars. I thought the Sky Marshal had the Federal Eagle on original shoulder boards. Any thoughts? Any photos?
ELSUPREMO

Unread postby lordziba » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:36 am

Did not I just posted a similar topic thread. Anyways, nothing been changed from the first movie via ranks, both army and fleet even in the first movie had the same rank insignias, just different titles. Only one difference between the Fleet and Mobiles, the uniform. However, for the line fleet personnel , in Starship Troopers 3, shoulder bar doubled in rank insignias, the distinction I seen between those two. Note, interesting thing, regarding Admiral, she is none line. I figured that the Intelligence and Propaganda Bureau has own uniform, regardless where the initially people started from, for instance, Major General Dix Hauser, started from the Mobile Infantry under infamous Johnny Rico, while Admiral Enolo Phid, seems to be from the fleet, though technically her rank is full General (remember, the SICON goes under somewhat German system), or rather Director General ( I think the ranks given before do not transform, but staying regardless of the I&P Bureau).

Zibster smilies-01 !

PS: There matter of Sky Marshal, but that is separate branch supposedly be CinC, and according to the Starship Troopers Army book, a unifying rank.
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA