It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:42 pm
Change font size

FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA

Fictive Ranks

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Fictive Ranks

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:26 am

CheersHi everybody herrwiggly here, where do you fellas get all this fictive insignia? I have never heard of most of them. All the same glad you do find them. :D :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Robb Mavins » Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:40 pm

You know it's interesting. Considering the VOLUME of speculative rank systems there are out there, I am surprised that we don’t have more. If this helps expand the membership that is great.

I am unaware of many of the “organizations” that are quoted as well – but a lot are from role playing games. Some are based on military or science fiction novels but a lot are not.
Robb Mavins, MBA,
former Navy, Navigator, Clearance Diver
My interests are any Navy, Marine or Auxiliary Sea Service rank insignia or history.
Slightly anal retentive but at least I have a sense of humour about it
Robb Mavins
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby Miklós Lovász » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:59 am

Hi all!
Yes, I quite agree, lots of them are RPG's or based on novels. However, let me draw your attention to the "micronations" or "net-nations", which are actually exercises in politics, historiography, etc. Frankly, I was and am amazed about how realistically some people can build up an imaginary country, complete with history, geography, economy, even gossip:-)
All I'm sorry baout is that I never had enough time to start such a country myself ... but, whoi knows? Perhaps after I retire:-)))
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:05 am

Miklós Lovász wrote:Hi all!
Yes, I quite agree, lots of them are RPG's or based on novels. However, let me draw your attention to the "micronations" or "net-nations", which are actually exercises in politics, historiography, etc. Frankly, I was and am amazed about how realistically some people can build up an imaginary country, complete with history, geography, economy, even gossip:-)
All I'm sorry baout is that I never had enough time to start such a country myself ... but, whoi knows? Perhaps after I retire:-)))

Whats more is that these "nations" think they have their own military and that they have a population
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Fictive Nations

Unread postby MMC » Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:06 pm

Miklós Lovász wrote:All I'm sorry baout is that I never had enough time to start such a country myself ... but, whoi knows? Perhaps after I retire:-)))

If you want, I'll help you start it if you want. I run or help run 5-6 RPG's and have also helped write a history for not just a nation, but a whole planet of nations.
Last edited by MMC on Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moo!
MMC
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: Fictive Nations

Unread postby Miklós Lovász » Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:09 am

MMC wrote:
Miklós Lovász wrote:All I'm sorry baout is that I never had enough time to start such a country myself ... but, whoi knows? Perhaps after I retire:-)))

If you want, I'll help you start it if you want. I run or help run 5-6 RPG's and have also helped right a history for not just a nation, but a whole planet of nations.

Thanks, that's real kind of you. What I don't have is time :cry: and unfortunately I don't seem to have anytime before I get retired ... which happy event will not occur for the next 30 years :cry: :cry: :cry:
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Time?

Unread postby MMC » Fri Dec 05, 2003 10:56 am

You have time to visit this site don't you?
Moo!
MMC
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby fmsq » Fri Jan 02, 2004 9:05 pm

Most that I am aware of are from Science Fiction (movies or TV).
Field Marshal Sin Q
fmsq
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to FICTIVE RANK INSIGNIA