It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:51 am
Change font size

AMERICA - OTHER & CIVIL ORGANIZATION BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Society of the Journeymen

Civil organizations, Other organizations

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Society of the Journeymen

Unread postby dtjohnst » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:55 pm

I was having a debate about ranks from the 3rd Reich, and I ended up on this website. Once the argument was settled, I browsed around and went to the Canadian section, seeing as I'm Canadian and I was curious what was there.

I stumbled upon this:

http://www.rankinsignia.info/show.php?p ... ada&id=553

And I thought "Wow, those are slick looking ranks. I wonder what these guys do."

So I headed over to altavista, nothing. Google, still nothing. Yahoo, nothing there either.

So....does anyone have any idea what these guys are all about? The seem maybe religious with "Journeymen Father", but then they've got "Marshal of the Guard" as well which seems not so religious.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:44 pm

Maybe they are a association of former military members?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dtjohnst » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:48 pm

Hmmm.......I suppose they could be. But if it was, I would've assumed it would be easy to pull up in google. I happen to be a freemason, and I've asked our librarian who's about 75 years old and has studied secret societies his entire life, and he has no clue, except that "it sounds familiar".

Do the admins ever drop by? Maybe whoever added it knows something about it.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:35 pm

Zidslaw and Chuck drop by from time to time, I belive there was a previous thread on this topic that also got no answer as to what the "Society of the Journeymen" is. Also judging from the "Journeymen" they could be a travel association.
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dtjohnst » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:44 pm

I'm pretty sure it's a religious group. I met someone who has a friend who was talking about it the other day but wasn't paying attention, so I should know what it's about in a few days.

I'm pretty sure it's religious.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Kedyw » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:34 am

Some sort of freemasons-like organization?
Kedyw
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby dtjohnst » Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:51 am

Nope. I'm a freemason, never heard of them.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Olivier Comault » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:29 am

Hi !

Wellll !!! That seems to me purely fictional. If it's a Canadian organisation, why using US insignia ? Even something which looks as the 1st Cav. Division insignia ? Is it a US/Canadian association ?! Christian ? A kind of St John's Ambulance ? But the rank names are curious ( and probably some ranks- or functions - are missing...), so is the form... Are they screwed slip-on ?!
There is a German Catholic ( "Gesellenverein" ) association, which provides help and assistance to young Catholic Workers, but it is doubtfull they own an uniform or ranks...

Thre is also a vaguely "Society of Journeymen" which is Sci-Fi., but I didn't find any information about it....

Olivier
Olivier Comault
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Erskine Calderon » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:25 pm

It's a player group for an online game called "Myth 2."
Erskine Calderon
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dtjohnst » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:05 am

Are you sure?

I did find some references to the Myth 2 stuff as well.....

But the reason I dismissed it is that not all the ranks are used, and the group isn't called society of the journeymen, one of the development teams is.

Only "Knight Commander" and "Father General" seem to be used in that group. Society of the Journeymen the development team I believe is tied to Bungie, the Halo guys......and they're certainly not Canadian.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Erskine Calderon » Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:25 am

Maybe it's a Canadian player group that has designed a rank system for themselves....
Erskine Calderon
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby dtjohnst » Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:30 am

Well....then the admins should move it over to the fictive section....I've got a dozen people all dying to know who these guys were.
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Olivier Comault » Sat Aug 28, 2004 9:38 am

Hi !

I've found a website :

http://www.udogs.net

which provides a link to this "Society" :

http://sj.mythorders.net

but dosen't work.

Olivier
Olivier Comault
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby dtjohnst » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:23 am

Ditto, but again.......as it wasn't in fictive, I assumed it was real. Too bad really, it'd be nifty to be known as "Knight Commander"
dtjohnst
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Zdzislaw Rudzki » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:47 am

Hi all
I am back from holiday and can probably put some light on it....
1. I found a copy of the society's website in my computer. This was saved in 2001 and the actual link doesn't work. It was http://plaza.powersurfr.com/sj/index.html
2. It is certainly fictional or RPG - don't know why Pavel put it in Canadian section.
Here goes the citation from their website main page:

"Founded nearly half a century after the end of the Great War, the Society of the Journeymen was endowed for the operation of its field hospitals throughout the West. As a military order, the Society mandated its Division Field Hospitals to mobilize in support of legion forces throughout the Kingdom of Gower, the Province, and the Cath Bruig Empire. During times of peace the Society's efforts were continuously directed to the aid of lands stricken with disease epidemics or natural disasters.

The Society is based at Provencoe; a sprawling, old world fortress embedded deep within eastern Mongolia. The Society follows a school of thought branching from the ancient knowledge and skills of the Journeymen from Muirthemne, and its membership is known to harbor some of the most dissident minds in the entire world.

Today, only a few of the Society's officers are publicly disclosed, and the Division Field Hospitals exist only in a state of reserve should the Armies of Darkness come again into our lands.

During this age of reprieve from the onslaughts of the Dark, it is hoped and prayed by the order that the people of the civilized world stand ready in their endurance, always willing to defend the eternal flame of hope that we rely on so strongly for our survival."
Zdzislaw Rudzki
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Society of the Journeymen

Unread postby hhbooker2 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:58 pm

dtjohnst wrote:I was having a debate about ranks from the 3rd Reich, and I ended up on this website. Once the argument was settled, I browsed around and went to the Canadian section, seeing as I'm Canadian and I was curious what was there.

I stumbled upon this:

http://www.rankinsignia.info/show.php?p ... ada&id=553

And I thought "Wow, those are slick looking ranks. I wonder what these guys do."

So I headed over to altavista, nothing. Google, still nothing. Yahoo, nothing there either.

So....does anyone have any idea what these guys are all about? The seem maybe religious with "Journeymen Father", but then they've got "Marshal of the Guard" as well which seems not so religious.

D.T. Johnstone: See http://www.militarybadges.info as well as http://www.diggerhistory.info for pictures of insignia of Canada's armed services. Also http://webshots.com/users/hhbooker2 which has 8 complete photo albums of the Candian Armed Forces, Royal Canadian Air Force, Royal Canadian Navy, etc. Sarge Booker :) :) :)
hhbooker2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - OTHER & CIVIL ORGANIZATION BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA