It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 2:57 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - OTHER & CIVIL ORGANIZATION BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Venezuala Rank Changes

Civil organizations, Other organizations

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Venezuala Rank Changes

Unread postby ryanemilia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:05 pm

Hugo Chavez has introduced a new rank for himself. The President of the country will now, much like Fidel Castro, be the Commendante en Jefe.

A "4-sun" general rank was also introduced last summer.

[img][img]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/ryanemilia/CHART1-10.jpg[/img][/img]
ryanemilia
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

pic of Chavez

Unread postby ryanemilia » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:07 pm

ryanemilia
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Tounushi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:54 pm

That's the next step isn't it? First president, then president for life, then Generalissimo, and finally The Great Comrade.
This takes "president is the commander in chief" to a whole new level.

God, how that red star looks so disgusting! smilies-20
Tounushi
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:25 pm

It's a pretty darn big leap from an Lt. Col. to President (via military coup no less) then President for Life/Commander in Chief smilies-16
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby general_tiu » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 am

Does it look creepy?

At least Chavez is a genuine Army officer...

And the shoulder straps look vaguely a cross between Germany [the shoulder loops and the roundheaded shoulder strap prove it] and some random Soviet satellite.
general_tiu
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:47 pm

general_tiu wrote:Does it look creepy?

At least Chavez is a genuine Army officer...

And the shoulder straps look vaguely a cross between Germany [the shoulder loops and the roundheaded shoulder strap prove it] and some random Soviet satellite.

Apparently Germany had alot of influence in Latin America at one point being that Chile and Bolivia also have the Germanic look to their officer rank insignia.
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby lordziba » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi, as far as I heard, the German roots in the uniforms were established in the most countries of Southern America due to the Chaco War. The Chaco War (1932–1935) was fought between Bolivia and Paraguay over control of a great part of the Gran Chaco region of South America, which was incorrectly thought to be rich in oil. In that war a lot of German officers served as military advisers. I believe that first uniforms and insignias were Spanish in origin then British, French and finally German. However, with German is something not complete, for instance, I do not remember what South American country had entirely British uniform design/cut, while retaining German style shoulder bars. I think only Chile has both pro-German uniforms and insignias, most other South American countries more like mish-mosh of the styles!

I hope maybe this helps, Zibster smilies-01 !

PS: I bet I c something ether Russian or Cuban with that guy (Chavez)!
Last edited by lordziba on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lordziba
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

German influcences in Latin America

Unread postby Luke » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:57 pm

It all starts with Chile.

"French influence was perceptible in the Chilean Army from the mid-nineteenth century up to the War of the Pacific. However, following the defeat of France in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870- 71, admiration of Prussian military institutions grew. This led to the appointment in 1885 of a German, Captain Emil Körner, who had fought with distinction against France, to reorganize the Chilean military instruction system. "

"When most of the army sided with the winning congressional forces (Congresionalistas) in the Civil War of 1891, Körner acted as chief of the General Staff and was largely credited with the victories of the army. After the Civil War, Körner, now a general, was joined by thirty-six other German instructors and was confirmed as chief of staff of the army, a position he held until 1910."

Through Chile then on other Latin American countries:

“Chile has exercised a strong formative influence on the armed forces of other Latin American countries. The armed forces of Colombia, Ecuador, Venezuela, and El Salvador have come under the tutelage of Chilean military missions, in some cases for lengthy periods.”

Source: http://www.country-data.com/cgi-bin/query/r-2528.html
Luke

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - OTHER & CIVIL ORGANIZATION BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA