[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `image_height' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `image_height' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `image_height' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `image_height' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `¨ e' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - Canadian Coast Guard
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:48 pm
Change font size

AMERICA - BORDER & CUSTOMS BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Canadian Coast Guard

Customs Service, Border Protection

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Canadian Coast Guard

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:12 am

Hi everybody, herrwiggly here. I see we have information on the Canadian Aux. Coast Guard, does anybody have any info on the regular coast guard?. Cheers :D :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Canadian Cost Guard

Unread postby JazzGuy » Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:35 am

It is my understanding through talking to people that the coast guard uses insignia very similar to that of the auxilary
For Queen and Canada
JazzGuy
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Robb Mavins » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:25 am

Hi all:

Canadian Coast Guard being a Civilian service with no commissioned or enlisted members does still use rank insignia but it less definitive that a military system. I'll put it up in a link when I get a second

Ta
Robb Mavins, MBA,
former Navy, Navigator, Clearance Diver
My interests are any Navy, Marine or Auxiliary Sea Service rank insignia or history.
Slightly anal retentive but at least I have a sense of humour about it
Robb Mavins
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Wed May 26, 2004 9:31 pm

I check on the official website but could not find a chart. From various text and pictures, this is what I was able to gleam:

The officer's rank insignias up to and including captain are the same as in the canadian navy but with the addition of a maple leaf over the bars (and might have different name).

over the rank of captain are 2 others:

Deputy Commissioner - (could not find a picture but logic dictate it would be either a maple leaf over 5 bars or as commissioner minus 1 bar.)

Commissioner - maple leaf over 2 thick bars & 1 broad (equal to 3 thick bars including the space between)

In adition to this, officer wear different background colours between their golden bars to indicate their trade. the only 2 I found were:

White - logistics
purple - engineering

NCO ranks mentioned are (in no particular order):

oiler
seaman
leading seaman
coxwain

The text on the coast guard auxiliary imply that they use the same rank insignias as the CCG but with different name and silver instead of gold. they can be seen here:

http://www.ccga-gcac.org/publications/uniform_e.asp

hope this help a bit

Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to AMERICA - BORDER & CUSTOMS BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA