It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:14 pm
Change font size

AFRICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Biafra 1967-1970 Nigerian breakaway

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Biafra 1967-1970 Nigerian breakaway

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:56 am

This one has also been a tough one. Biafra has perplexed me for years. No good photos and the participants are dying off. I mean they didn't really have uniforms to any real extent, but they did have some and went far enough to craft insignia so I want to make a chart of it but it will be a hard case.

C. Odumegwu Ojukwu - We can see that the president mostly wore an empty dress field grade shoulder knot. He had been a LTC in the Nigerian Army before the civil war. Other times he wore a general officers dress knot but too hard to tell if it contained insignia.

Philip Effiong - The top general, I spoke to his son by email, but he doesn't seem to have much. He confirmed that the insignia is crossed swords but couldn't say it was a wreath. :/

The book I have that has a short (very brief) history of the conflict says a major-general is the image in my illustration so I am confused.
Attachments
Biafra Confusion.jpg
Totally confused
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Return to AFRICA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA