It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 am
Change font size

ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Bashir assad new rank SYRIA

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Bashir assad new rank SYRIA

Unread postby ryanemilia » Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:00 am

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=s ... 1mo_photo0

This clearly shows Three stars under the eagle and the crossed swords at the bottom.

this I guess would be Bashir's rank as full general this is the highest i have heard of him being promoted too. The two star (side by side) version would be "1st LT general" and one star LT general????

ryan
ryanemilia
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Al Jumhuriah Al Hind » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:18 pm

i notice that his insignia doesnt match any thing on this site. did syria adpot new insignia or is the stuff over is old or incorrect?
Al Jumhuriah Al Hind
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Al Jumhuriah Al Hind » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:01 pm

i know this doesnt have anything to do with anything here but 4 your viewing pleasure
http://www.meib.org/articles/0106_sd1.htm
Al Jumhuriah Al Hind
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Nila MadhaVa » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:59 pm

perhaps its their version of mushir's (field marshal) insignia. not everyone would use the crossed batons as a marshals rank insignia. or it could be some type of senior or chief general...who knows.

it would be interesting to find out for sure though.
We cannot choose the hour of our death. But we can choose what to do with the time we are given.
Nila MadhaVa
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ryanemilia » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:34 am

Well i do know for sure that Syria does not have a marshal rank or grade. The Defense Minister has always been refered to as the "1st Lt Gen" The last one Mustafa Tlass wore Usual Fariq awwal insignia with two stars. The current DefMin. has the usual Fariq rank with one star only he is now called 1st LT Gen. There also was a reg. LtGen grade.

Point of interest Fariq Awwal is roughly translated as First General

Awwal usually references being first

ryan
ryanemilia
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Al Jumhuriah Al Hind » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:00 am

wat does amid and liwa mean?
Al Jumhuriah Al Hind
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Adamovich » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:46 pm

On http://www.danielpipes.org/article/339 the rank field marshal of the Syrian armed forces is mentioned.

Any Baathist country should have a field marshal, and that should be the president - whether he is a soldier or not.

Before the death of his father, Dr. Bashar was colonel. Shortly before the death of his father, he was promoted to the rank of Lt. General. I asume, that the rank on the picture is the rank of "MUSHIR" (= Field Marshal), supreme commander of the Syrian Armed Forces.

Adam Abdel Khalik
Adamovich
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA