[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `°Ë5 ' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - How Have the Insignia of Iraq ...
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:40 pm
Change font size

ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

How Have the Insignia of Iraq ...

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

How Have the Insignia of Iraq ...

Unread postby boricua » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:20 am

... been changed since the defenestration of the Saddam regime? The flag and arms no longer have the three green stars.
boricua

Re: How Have the Insignia of Iraq ...

Unread postby boricua » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:00 pm

It has been one month and seven days already, with nobody even saying simply NO, THE IRAQI INSIGNIA HAVE NOT BEEN CHANGED.
Well? smilies-07
boricua

Unread postby NJSMITTY » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm interested to know the answer to this question myself. It's my assumption that the U.S.& coalition forces who have trained the new Iraqi army and police would have wanted to create a viable NCO structure, something that was apparently non existing prior to thier defeat. I'm thinking they would have wanted to create it in thier own image. Aren't there any vets maybe an X-trainer out there who would enlighten us?
Stephen J. Smith
NJSMITTY
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby sketor7558 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:18 pm

http://www.globalsecurity.org/intell/wo ... p-rank.htm

This is the Iraqi Police Insignia it is exactly like their military but different colors.
sketor7558
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:27 am

The insignia of the new Iraq is mostly the same as the old Iraq. Minus Saddam's field marshal rank. It appears there will be a multitude of cammo patterns for awhile.
Attachments
NEW IRAQ CHART.jpg
Iraq Armed Forces and Police 21st Century
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby jrichardn2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:58 am

Yet another country that uses an essentially British pattern for officers' ranks. Interesting.

(Fantastic work these last few weeks, Darth.)
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

Yes Iraq has always used the British pattern to one extent or another. All the Arab countries use the same patterns, but with minor changes or iterations.

The biggest changes are usually monarchical or republican devices for the national symbol. Crowns or eagles.

Then whether to have two stars or one star between the full general and lieutenant general grades, which effects the major general grade as well.

Then which direction the swords will face.
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 am

Another from the new formet.

I essentially modified some uniforms from a devientArt post. I track down to credit.
Attachments
Iraq90s.jpg
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:57 am

DarthGaddafi wrote:Another from the new formet.

I essentially modified some uniforms from a devientArt post. I track down to credit.

the chart reminded me of something I've been wondering: did syrian ba'atists ever used political insignias like the iraqi ones ? Also, did the iraqi ba'at party member beside the three in the chart use any form of uniform or insignias distinct from the republican guard/army/police ones ?
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Dorward_Bis » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am

Marc, concerning Ba'ath - there is some chart of rank insignia here, in our favorite Encyclopedia - http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option= ... esult=2138.
aka Dorward and Dmitry Belokurov
Dorward_Bis
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby marcpasquin » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Dorward_Bis wrote:Marc, concerning Ba'ath - there is some chart of rank insignia here, in our favorite Encyclopedia - http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option= ... esult=2138.

Thanks, I had seen those. I was mostly wondering about the rest of the ba'athists. Normally regime that put their dignitaries in uniforms have an habit of doing the same to other members so I was wondering since I've only ever seen those 3.
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby marcpasquin » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:17 am

while trying to find more info on the ba'athists, i noticed that the insignia identified as being for the deputy prime minister in the encyclopedia was worn by others, all of whom were regional command chairmans of districts.

this in addition to tbe fact that it was worn by hudda addash :

who did not appear to have a chairwoman leads me to believe that the insignia was worn by all members of the revolutionay command council who did not have a military rank (like ad-douri)
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Mike Garcia » Fri May 12, 2017 3:18 pm

marcpasquin wrote:
Dorward_Bis wrote:Marc, concerning Ba'ath - there is some chart of rank insignia here, in our favorite Encyclopedia - http://www.uniforminsignia.org/?option= ... esult=2138.

Thanks, I had seen those. I was mostly wondering about the rest of the ba'athists. Normally regime that put their dignitaries in uniforms have an habit of doing the same to other members so I was wondering since I've only ever seen those 3.

Hey Marc! the ones you refer to are the Baath militia, they worn green fatigues, AK47 chest pouch, leather holster and keffiyeh in the head

regards

Mike Garcia
Mike Garcia
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA