It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:34 pm
Change font size

ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

East Timorese Armed Forces (F-FDTL)

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

East Timorese Armed Forces (F-FDTL)

Unread postby marcpasquin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:20 am

After seeing some pictures of East-timorese officers which appear to differ a fair bit from what is on the encyclopedia, I started to look around and discovered that not only are the current (post 2012's decree) insignias completely different (and do not go higher then major general) but I'm not sure they ever were like the ones on the encyclopedia as even on older pictures, the only difference I have noticed is for the generals which went from plain stars on red slides to the current more complex ones.

The images you can see at the link below are based on the East Timorese government decree # 7/2012 passed on the first of august 2012 as published in the supplement of the official gazette, series 1 number 26. The publication, as far as I can tell is only available in portuguese and as it lacked images, I have had to rely on my knowledge of french, spanish, an online dictionary and some photography as reference. I have been able to confirm all ranks except for the students and the 3 higher sergeant ranks (the ones with the shield) so went with a literal interpretation which might be wrong. As you can see however, they are clearly inspired by portugal.

One thing I forgot to include is that a version of each insignia in pale grey threads on khaki-green slides is worn on the camo shirt. I have been so far unable to find a picture of one of the general in camo smock so I don't know if the exact same apply.

I will be posting the insignias for the Naval command and the National Police next as they popped up during my search. If anyone as anything to bring, please do so as it would be nice to have them verified before being included in the encyclopedia.

http://insignias.wikia.com/wiki/FALINTIL-Forcas_Defesa_Timor_Lorosae_(East_Timor)
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: East Timorese Armed Forces (F-FDTL)

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Very nice insignia and close or acurate as well if you did them with out images!

Here are some photos I have collected.
Attachments
MG2013.jpg
Close up devices are actually gold
MG2.jpg
Another MG
Major_General_Lere_Anan_Timur.jpg
Major general
Major_General_Lere_Anan_Timur.jpg (10.59 KiB) Viewed 1616 times
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:15 pm

More images
Attachments
hqdefault.jpg
Brigadier General
Police general rank.jpg
Police Brigadier General
Lere anan timor (1).jpg
General Lere Anan
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby DarthGaddafi » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:23 pm

Some officers have silver stripes with loops (navy/coastguard?) and with out loops.
Attachments
dsc_2509.jpg
odd wreath - tranistion rank design?
silverwloop.jpg
Naval?
mix.jpg
Two Gens with a mix of old and new
13009331_84RM1.jpeg
silver stripes in back
DarthGaddafi
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:07 pm

DarthGaddafi wrote:Some officers have silver stripes with loops (navy/coastguard?) and with out loops.

Those are actually the subdued version of the Naval Component rank insignias. Those without loops are simply Land component officers.

The "police brigadier general" is the head of the PNTL and bears the rank of commisionner.

I think the general with the "odd wreath" simply wears major general embroide slides with a border as in the fourth picture.
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to ASIA - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA