It is currently Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:18 am
Change font size

OCEANIA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Australian ranks

Police, Security

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

Australian ranks

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:45 pm

Hi, Sherrif herrwiggly here do you by any chance know the ranks for the Australian coast guard if such an organisation exists. cheers :D :D :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Sherriff » Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:30 pm

Sherriff
VISITOR
VISITOR

Australian Armed Forces

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Tue Jul 01, 2003 6:55 am

Hi Sherrif herrwiggly here, I have never heard mention of any marines in the Australain Services, do they in fact have anything on these lines,I.E. Amphibious troops ?. :D :D :D cheers
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Tue Jul 01, 2003 2:22 pm

Dont think they have marines, though they probably have a group of sailors trained in naval infantry like tatics.
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Sherriff » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:15 am

Australia has no Marines, but regular battallions are capable of amphibious operations, and RAN Seamanship branch sailors are used to make up boardin parties.
Sherriff
VISITOR
VISITOR

Australian marines?

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:18 pm

cheershi Sherrif herrwiggly here, again thanks for the info.. very interested for any info.. :D :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Manta » Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:59 pm

funny how their ranks are very similar to the US Coast Guard Aux.. I don't understand why so many countries wont take the risk of coming-up with their own unique system. No cultural identity anymore. With animals like the blue ringed octopus and box jelly fish, Australia is loaded with good sea life to draw ideas from.
Manta
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Erwin » Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:29 am

Well actually there's no official Coast Guards for Australia, recently alot of people are wondering if Australia is able to defend it's coast from refugees & smuggling, but the government of Australia insist that the Royal Australia Navy is capable of doing coast guard duties.

The link from the previous thread is actually volunteer coast guard, so strictly speaking Australia do not have coast guard.
Erwin
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Robb Mavins » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:07 am

The Australian Volunteer Coast Guard is identical to US Coast Guard Auxiliary. Quite interesting, I am not sure who supports them? In both US & Canada there is an official Agency to back the Auxiliary up.

I too am curious though, why they adopted the USCGA insignia, even Canada created their own system.
Robb Mavins, MBA,
former Navy, Navigator, Clearance Diver
My interests are any Navy, Marine or Auxiliary Sea Service rank insignia or history.
Slightly anal retentive but at least I have a sense of humour about it
Robb Mavins
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby ChrisWI » Fri Sep 26, 2003 12:50 am

Do Austrialian police forces have maritime units to carry out coast guard type missions?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Australian Coastguard

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:01 am

Hi Robb herrwiggly here, as to the insignia of the above agency, I can see why other organisations use the U.S. style, it's so easy to use on shirt collars, ( for example US navy) than cumbersome shoulder boards as used by the Royal navy and other navies. Imagine trying to put our Admiral's rank in minature form on the collar. What I like about the US system it's unique in the way that each rank is denoted by 1 symbol (except general ranks) of course. I believe a much tidier system all together. Obviously everybody may not agree. There is of course ,much to said for national identity in insignias and traditions, but I believe practicality in working dress is more important. :D :D :D Cheers
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to OCEANIA - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA