It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

New Romanian Army & Air Force uniforms

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Re: New Romanian Army & Air Force uniforms

Unread postby Medic_in_Uniform » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:31 am

The assembled officers and staff really don't look very impressed...!

I can guess that the intention was to move away from the current style, which still looks very much like Soviet-era uniforms, and the classic '50s American style is an interesting choice.

The basic concepts might be OK but all the extra detailing is very much unnecessary. All the piping and contrast edging around almost everything, including all the pockets for some versions (!), just makes them look like a high school marching band, not a serious professional military. The less formal zipper jackets look like tracksuits. "Less is more "(and smarter) would be a better approach here!

This looks a bit like the concept version of a car which is launched at a motor show with a lot of over-the-top design features but then appears two years later in a much more rational version for the actual commercial release.

I also wonder about the use of the light khaki / chino as an all-year uniform colour. Fine for Summer / warm weather but in Autumn and winter...?

How is it all being received in Romania?!
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: New Romanian Army & Air Force uniforms

Unread postby Miklós Lovász » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:12 am

Well, ever since the Guards received a red jacket for summer use, turning them into a pedestrian copy of the Red Hussars (rosiori) I really wouldn't be surprised of anything :-(
Miklós Lovász
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA