It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 5:10 am
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

New Royal Navy Ranks!!!!!!!

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

New Royal Navy Ranks!!!!!!!

Unread postby sketor7558 » Thu Dec 12, 2002 12:45 am

Here is the new Rank badges of the royal navy (new admirals shoulderboards) http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/static/pages/1936.html
sketor7558
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

New Royal Navy ranks

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:35 am

Hi Skeetor, I've just looked at the information on the new Admiral's shoulderboards. It'sjust clicked with something I remember seeing a month ago. Whilst watching the Memorial Service in London last month on t.v., as members of the Royal family came out to take their place, Princess Anne (the Princes Royal) was wearing the uniform of a naval officer. The commentator sais she was wearing the uniform of a Rear Admiral, but when the cameras zoomed in for a close up it could be plainly seen she had two pips on her shoulderboards instead the normal one for Rear Admiral. With information you've provided this morning things have now been clarified. We ( the U.K.) are obviously bringing our senior ranks in line with the rest of N.A.T.O. i.e. four stars for an Admiral etc. Cheers. :D :D
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA