[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset ` ' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `8Ź ' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - Armbands-WW2 Nazi Germany
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:51 pm
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Armbands-WW2 Nazi Germany

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Armbands-WW2 Nazi Germany

Unread postby Chuck Anderson » Sun Feb 02, 2003 3:43 am

Hi Everybody!
Chuck Anderson here!!

I've found some good information on the subject of armbands from WW2 Nazi Germany, which for the most part aren't really rank insignia, yet they serve as a good related adjunct to uniforms and insignia.

As the armbands are out of an old book and I have no way to get the illustrations to you, I'll have to just describe it to you the best I can.

(1) ARMED FORCES INTERPRETER --- Pinkish-coloured armband, with lettering in Black, one word above the other, saying Wehrmacht-Dolmetscher

(2) BATTLE REFEREE (Maneuvers) --- White armband with Black lettering,(one word above the other) Kampf-Richter

(3) INFORMATION PERSONNEL --- Blue armband with White lettering,
AUSKUNFT

(4) GAULEITER --- Blue armband, Red edge, White disc (centered on the armband), Black swastika centered on White disc

As you can guess, there's many more armbands, however I hope that just these four examples will compel you to delve further into this subject! See ya'!
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Medals: 1
Sponzor < 150 EUR (1)
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Re: Armbands of 3rd Reich

Unread postby Zdzislaw Rudzki » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:47 pm

Hi everybody.
I've got a book "Badges and insignia of the 3rd Reich" by Brian L. Davis.
64 colour plates of various insignia (rank, position, cuff titles, arm bands, speciality markings etc.) If anyone is interested in this I can scan pictures and send them.
Zdzislaw Rudzki
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA