[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 214: htmlspecialchars(): charset `ÝŻE' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 87: htmlspecialchars(): charset `ÝŻE' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 129: htmlspecialchars(): charset `ÝŻE' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 130: htmlspecialchars(): charset `ÝŻE' not supported, assuming utf-8
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1679: htmlspecialchars(): charset `ban_userid' not supported, assuming utf-8
• View topic - Swiss Garde-Frontiere question
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 am
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Swiss Garde-Frontiere question

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Mikl√≥s Lov√°sz, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Mońćoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Swiss Garde-Frontiere question

Unread postby ChrisWI » Sun Jun 22, 2003 7:17 pm

On Pavel's Swiss Garde-Frontiere (Customs) rank insignia page the highest rank shown is Command Sgt. Major, is this the highest rank in the Swiss Garde-Frontiere or is the section just not completed?

Chris
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby rmboss » Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:28 am

I live very close to Switzerland and I often travel to this country, and recently I have seen also other ranks , therefore I presume that the section is incomplete.

Rmboss
rmboss
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby ChrisWI » Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:32 pm

thanks, do you possibly remeber what the insignia was for the higher ranks?
ChrisWI
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby rmboss » Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:02 am

Hello
I saw last time a man with 3 thick bars (or lines)...Now I don't know if that could be the corrispondend rank of a captain or of a colonel (to be sure I should see if there are thicker bars, and in that case I have seen a captain, or thinner bars, and in that case that man was a colonel).

This officer was not older than 40 and he was coming out from the offices close to the italian-swiss customs.
Maybe I should ask the next time that I will pass the swiss border :lol:
rmboss
rmboss
VISITOR
VISITOR

Swiss Borde Guard

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:11 am

Hi everybody herrwiggly here, on the subject of officer rank 3 narrow bars would be a Captain and 3 wider bars a Colonel if they follow the army system, which the noncoms appear to do. :D :D :D Cheers
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: Swiss Garde-Frontiere question

Unread postby Onslow123 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 pm

Hi,

the he Swiss have the full rank chart in the homepage of the Grenzwachtkorps. Yes they are following the army system, the highest rank is Brigadier. Im posting a link, to the english version of the chart:

http://www.ezv.admin.ch/org/04135/04138 ... ml?lang=en
Onslow123
VISITOR
VISITOR

Re: Swiss Garde-Frontiere question

Unread postby chineur » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:01 am

Until the 1950s the highest Swiss Boarder Guard Rank was Major. Around 1955 the Oberstleutnant was introduced.
1994 or before the Oberst was introduced and finally around 2007 the Brigadier which is today still the highest rank.
The Stabsadjutant was added in 2000.
chineur
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA