It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:56 am
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Good source of European military rank insignia info.

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Good source of European military rank insignia info.

Unread postby Chuck Anderson » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:05 am

Hi everyone!
Chuck Anderson here!

I'd like to tell everyone about something that was a good source of rank insignia information (at least it had been for me.)

I would write to the foreign embassies in my country (the USA)--I think that it would work in other countries as well. Anyway, I'd write directly to a nation's military or defence attache, and ask specifically for rank insignia information, and they usually came through with something good! (When I wrote it was in the late-60's,early-70's.) Some of them gave me a real nice, full colour rank insignia chart.

The European nations that came through were Austria,Belgium,the Netherlands,West Germany (it was the late-60's),Finland,Sweden,Denmark and the United Kingdom.

I still have many of them from back then that are in fairly good condition, and I'd like to give these to Pavel because I think that he can make good use of them for his website.

Keep on searching for more good insignia stuff folks, the more the merrier!!
Chuck Anderson
USAFWO1_1975@military.com
Chuck Anderson
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Medals: 1
Sponzor < 150 EUR (1)
Location: University Place (Pierce County,State of Washington)

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA