It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:11 am
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

London has Fallen

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

London has Fallen

Unread postby trbaldwin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:15 pm

POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

During the attack, they show the senior staff gathered in the Box Control Room

With The Commissioner of the Met (The Movie Keeps calling him Chief Inspector)

Potentially either The Chief of General Staff or the Chief of the Defence Staff

The Commissioner for Fire and Emergency Planning presumably of the LFB

There was 1 other person I couldn't tell she was the Afro-Caribbean Officer warring Black Tunic but Gold Insignia anyone able to tell who that person would be and what Service?
trbaldwin
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Re: London has Fallen

Unread postby marcpasquin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:56 pm

trbaldwin wrote:POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT

During the attack, they show the senior staff gathered in the Box Control Room

With The Commissioner of the Met (The Movie Keeps calling him Chief Inspector)

Potentially either The Chief of General Staff or the Chief of the Defence Staff

The Commissioner for Fire and Emergency Planning presumably of the LFB

There was 1 other person I couldn't tell she was the Afro-Caribbean Officer warring Black Tunic but Gold Insignia anyone able to tell who that person would be and what Service?

If you're talking about this actress:

the credit identify here as EMT/Med department head
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Unread postby Necrothesp » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Presumably London Ambulance Service then. Which should be green uniform with gold insignia.
Necrothesp
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:05 pm

Necrothesp wrote:Presumably London Ambulance Service then. Which should be green uniform with gold insignia.

could be that there was really bad lightning/low saturation in that scene. This guy's uniform for example could easily be mistaken for black if you didn't pay close attention:

Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Unread postby Medic_in_Uniform » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:43 am

I can't see the still image from the movie but, yes, London Ambulance Service uniform is a fairly dark green. The green has been through various shades over the last twenty odd years but was chosen to be specifically different to the dark blue of the police. The current pattern of operational uniform was introduced around 2002 (with minor tweaks since) and is now pretty much the national pattern for NHS ambulance services.

This is outgoing chief executive of the LAS, Dr Fionna Moore, in the female variant of the LAS formal uniform, attending a memorial service for the victims of the "7/7" terrorist attacks in London (July 7, 2005), alongside the Commissioner for the London Fire Brigade (a title unique to London, but he wears the same Chief Fire Officer insignia as all other CFOs). This is, presumably, the real role that the movie was attempting to create...?

18870718013_655d8e3b81_z.jpg

The markings on LAS green uniforms are gold rather than the silver worn on the dark blue (not black!) uniforms of the police and fire services. The only exception to this would be the City of London Police, who wear gold insignia on dark blue uniforms.

From the same event:
servi1.jpg

From left to right:
Left: City of London Police: note the gold insignia and gorget/cap oak leaves and also the red-and-white diced hat band (reflecting the red and white colours of the Arms of the City of London) rather than the usual black-and-white diced pattern.
Centre: Metropolitan Police (Commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe)
Right: British Transport Police (I think...)
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Necrothesp » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:49 am

Medic_in_Uniform wrote:The markings on LAS green uniforms are gold rather than the silver worn on the dark blue (not black!) uniforms of the police and fire services. The only exception to this would be the City of London Police, who wear gold insignia on dark blue uniforms.

In fact, British police uniforms are now genuinely black and have been for many years (I used to wear one!), although the "boys in blue" fiction still remains. Uniform regulations actually describe them as black. Probably the fire service's too.
Necrothesp
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby Medic_in_Uniform » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:01 am

Some of the operational stuff, yes, but there is a fair degree of regional variation in this and, to my best knowledge, many formal uniforms remain dark blue.

I can definitely say that the chaps I was standing next to yesterday were undoubtedly wearing dark blue, and not black!

smilies-29
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby Necrothesp » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 am

Must be down to regional differences then, although I have to say that most police uniforms (including the Met's) certainly look black to me. Formal, as well as operational.

Interestingly, the Liverpool City Police always wore black, right back to their formation. And inspectors wore silver piping on their cap peaks instead of the black worn elsewhere. Merseyside Police inspectors still do.
Necrothesp
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Unread postby dcfowler » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:41 am

LAPD uniforms look black too, especially in the sun, but they are a dark navy blue. Dave
dcfowler
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby Necrothesp » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 am

http://www.scotland.police.uk/assets/pdf/151934/184779/uniform-and-appearance-standards-police-officers-sop

Police Scotland uniform regulations specifying that dress uniform is black. These are the only dress uniform regulations I have been able to find online thus far that specify colour, but they clearly show that at least some forces do wear black.
Necrothesp
CORRESPONDENT
CORRESPONDENT

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA