It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:30 pm
Change font size

EUROPE - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

Liechtenstein Landespolizei and Belgian Police

Police, Security

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Liechtenstein Landespolizei and Belgian Police

Unread postby Olivier Comault » Tue Jan 07, 2003 2:03 pm

Hello Everybody !

I'm not sure that the topic I sent January 4 th. passed through... So, I play it again...

Here is an address where, at last one photograph where members "Fürstentum Liechtenstein Landespolizei" can be seen :

www.internationalspecialreports.com/arc ... chtenstein

(Click after on the article "Police are rarely seen...")

However, I rather doubt that these people are effectively members of the Gendarmerie.For me, they look like tourist guides !! On a general book about Liechtenstein, published in 1964, it is said that the uniform is dark khaki, with darker trousers. This colour has been choosen because no other armed forces in Switzerland or Austria wear this colour. At this time, the whole force consisted of 17 men. One police-chief ( three stars, three stripes ), One sergeant-major ( two stars, three stripes ), one sergeant ( one star, three stripes ), five corporals ( two stripes) and nine men ( one stripe ).

And now, here is a great site bout the Belgian Police :

http://go.to/police.be

For those loving oddities, click on the former Belgian Congo Police section : the chapter about rankinsignia is on the last pages !!

Happy New Year to all

Olivier
Olivier Comault
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Return to EUROPE - LAW ENFORCEMENT BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA