It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:31 pm
Change font size

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)

an "Osprey" from Belgrad

This will contain informations which countries insignia pages are about to upgrade and which information is needed by editors

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

an "Osprey" from Belgrad

Unread postby iffig » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:50 pm

A new booklet has been published

"Specijalne jedinice jugoslovenske vosjske u Aprilskom ratu". My educated guess is that it should be translated as : " Special troops of the Yugoslav Army during the April Campaign".
It deals with elite forces of the Yugoslavian army during the short war of 1941 : mountain troops, Cetnick (nothing to see with the royalist resistance fighters then collaborationists; in this context this term denotes assault troops, not unlike the italian Arditi), paratroopers.

The book features photographs, and colour plates. The text is in serbo-croat, that means that it is rather opaque.
I got my copy from a friend who got two copies from a friend who got three copies from a undercover friend somewhere in Serbia ... What I mean, is that it will probably difficult to find a copy from the Smith and Sons or Maison de la Presse around the corner
The booklet features an email address :

nkascak@evolutabooks.com

Maybe interested members may try to write there.
iffig
VISITOR
VISITOR

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)