It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:04 am
Change font size

GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)

American Insignia

This will contain informations which countries insignia pages are about to upgrade and which information is needed by editors

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki

American Insignia

Unread postby Herrwiggly » Thu May 10, 2012 8:24 am

Hi everybody, can anyone explain the significance of the American insignia on the left side of the sections? For example, a Colonel without embellishment, Colonel with green bar underneath, with red bar or a green dot.
What does it mean?
Cheers
Herrwiggly
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: American Insignia

Unread postby SFMRAS » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Herrwiggly wrote:Hi everybody, can anyone explain the significance of the American insignia on the left side of the sections? For example, a Colonel without embellishment, Colonel with green bar underneath, with red bar or a green dot.
What does it mean?
Cheers

The only thing I'm familiar with is the 'combat' leader badge, which this:
http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/a ... n-in.shtml
calls the leader identification insignia.
There's an orange Signal Corps tab, according to ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-KOREA-TO-N ... 0579889109
Presumably, the red one is for (field) artillery.
SFMRAS
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Re: American Insignia

Unread postby Medic_in_Uniform » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm guessing you mean the topic markers on the left hand side of the index pages for the various sections of the forum?

Pavel can probably give you the definitive answer as to exactly what they all are but take a quick look and you'll notice that the top-level index differentiates threads with new posts using the US oak leaves for Major / Lieut. Colonel. The subsections use green and red bars to indicate things like new posts and active threads. Most forums have something like this; these are just what they've opted to use here.

I never really bother looking at them -- whenever I have a quick look at the forum, I usually I just click on the links on the right to check for new posts, active topics or unanswered posts.

It's just easier!
smilies-15
Medic_in_Uniform
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to GENERAL DISCUSSIONS (Rank comparison, translation issues etc)