It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:50 pm
Change font size

EUROPE - MILITARY MEDALS & DECORATIONS

Kingdom of Greece Orders

Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, Dorward_Bis, Medic_in_Uniform, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

Kingdom of Greece Orders

Unread postby valtrex » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:33 pm

The Order of the Redeemer/ΤΑΓΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΣΩΤΗΡΟΣ/Tagma tou Soteeros
1st Pattern, with the portrait of King Otto I of the Hellenes (1829-1835). The portrait is surrounded by the inscription "ΟΘΩΝ ΒΑΣΙΛΕΥΣ ΤΗΣ ΕΛΛΑΔΟΣ/Otto King of Greece"

2nd Pattern, with the Greek CoA (1835-1863)

Est: 1829

The Royal Order of King George I/ΒΑΣΙΛΙΚΟΝ ΤΑΓΜΑ ΤΟΥ ΓΕΩΡΓΙΟΥ ΤΟΥ Α

Est: 1915
Classes: 5 (the Grand Cross/ΜΕΓΑΛΟΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ/Megalostavros, the Grand Commander/ΜΕΓΑΣ ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Megas Taxiarches, the Commander/ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Taxiarches, the Gold and Silver Cross/ΧΡΥΣΟΥΣ & ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΣ ΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ/Chrysous & Argyrous Stavros)
Description: The insignia of the Royal Ordr of King George I was cross-shaped. It was made of white enamel and in the centre of the cross King George's royal cypher, surrounded by the inscription "ΙΣΧΥΣ ΜΟΥ Η ΑΓΑΠΗ ΤΟΥ ΛΑΟΥ/My Power, the Love of my People".

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Royal House Order of Sts George & Constantine/ΒΑΣΙΛΙΚΟΝ ΟΙΚΟΓΕΝΕΙΑΚΟΝ ΤΑΓΜΑ ΑΓΙΟΥ ΓΕΩΡΓΙΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΑΓΙΟΥ ΚΩΝΣΤΑΝΤΙΝΟΥ

Est: 1935 (abolished in 1936)
Classes: 5 (the Grand Cross/ΜΕΓΑΛΟΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ/Megalostavros, the Grand Commander/ΜΕΓΑΣ ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Megas Taxiarches, the Commander/ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Taxiarches, the Gold and Silver Cross/ΧΡΥΣΟΥΣ & ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΣ ΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ/Chrysous & Argyrous Stavros)
Description: White enamel cross. In the centre a picture of sts. Constantine & George, also made of enamel, which is surrounded by the inscription "ΙΣΧΥΣ ΜΟΥ Η ΑΓΑΠΗ ΤΟΥ ΛΑΟΥ/My Power the Love of my People".

The Royal House Order of Sts. Olga & Sophia/ΒΑΣΙΛΙΚΟΝ ΟΙΚΟΓΕΝΕΙΑΚΟΝ ΤΑΓΜΑ ΑΓΙΑΣ ΟΛΓΑΣ ΚΑΙ ΑΓΙΑΣ ΣΟΦΙΑΣ

Est: 1936
Classes: 4 (The Grand Commander/ΜΕΓΑΣ ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Megas Taxiarches, the Commander/ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ/Taxiarches, the Gold and Silver Cross/ΧΡΥΣΟΥΣ & ΑΡΓΥΡΟΥΣ ΣΤΑΥΡΟΣ/Chrysous & Argyrous Stavros)
Description: Round pendant, awarded only to women. In the center of the cross, the picture of Sts. Olga & Sophia with the inscription "AΓΙΑ ΟΛΓΑ-ΑΓΙΑ ΣΟΦΙΑ/St. Olga-St.Sophia"
valtrex
REDACTOR
REDACTOR

Unread postby Megan » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:48 pm

Nice!

I've just been updating the Greek section of my website, & as well as these specifically Royal orders I have the pre-republic versions of those orders which have continued with a design change (Order of the Redeemer, Order of the Phoenix, Order of Welfare), likewise with decorations.

Do come & have a look!
Megan
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Comte » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:53 pm

Dear
the grand commander is called anoteros taxiarchis (ΑΝΩΤΕΡΟΣ ΤΑΞΙΑΡΧΗΣ)

The second patern is the back side of the Otto

The order of Saint George . The photoes are : the top is the commander with swords
Below is the star of the Grand cross and .......
Comte
VISITOR
VISITOR

Unread postby Comte » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:10 pm

The order of phoenix with swords. Commander

Comte
VISITOR
VISITOR

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor

Return to EUROPE - MILITARY MEDALS & DECORATIONS