It is currently Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 pm
Change font size

EUROPE - OTHER & CIVIL ORGANIZATION BRANCH & RANK INSIGNIA

British Union of Fascists

Civil organizations, Other organizations

Moderators: Miklós Lovász, kaldi, Chuck Anderson, Pavel Močoch, Erskine Calderon, Lukasz Gaszewski, ChrisWI, Zdzislaw Rudzki, Peter

British Union of Fascists

Unread postby jrichardn2 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:41 pm

I'm sketching an alternate present where Canada is under a kind of neo-fascist regime. (I do not think this is likely or desirable BTW.) It's a feature of fascist parties that they have attached militias. I was thinking that Oswald Mosley and his associates must have worked through what an English-speaking fascist militia would use--but Googling around has not revealed their findings.

Does anyone know what rank scheme and badges the BUF's militia (the "Fascist Defence Force", I believe) used?

Thanks! Richard Nelson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Re: British Union of Fascists

Unread postby marcpasquin » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:47 pm

jrichardn2 wrote:I'm sketching an alternate present where Canada is under a kind of neo-fascist regime. (I do not think this is likely or desirable BTW.) It's a feature of fascist parties that they have attached militias. I was thinking that Oswald Mosley and his associates must have worked through what an English-speaking fascist militia would use--but Googling around has not revealed their findings.

Does anyone know what rank scheme and badges the BUF's militia (the "Fascist Defence Force", I believe) used?

Thanks! Richard Nelson
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The BUF used 2 types of insignias: the early ones were badges sown on to the fencing-type black shirt (see below) and the second used 1-3 white bars with or without a white lightning bolt on black epaulettes to indicate ranks up to the top 3 ranks which used instead:

National staff officer: crossed white fasces on a half black / half red epaulette
Chief of Staff: white leaopard's head over crossed fasces on a black epaulette bordered red
Director General: white leopard's head above a wreath containing fasces crossed with a lighning bolt on a black epaulette bordered red.

Note that in neither of these system did Mosley have a distinctive insignia as, in accordance to the "leader principle", he was seen as above and separate from the hierarchy.

You might also draw inspiration from the insignias used by the real-life canadian "National Social Christian Party / Canadian Unity Party" which you can see here:

https://insignias.wikia.com/wiki/Parti_ ... en_(Canada)
Attachments
buf-breast.png
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby jrichardn2 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:58 pm

Thanks, Marc! That page 404'd. :-(
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Unread postby marcpasquin » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:38 am

jrichardn2 wrote:Thanks, Marc! That page 404'd. :-(

got clipped, try this

https://insignias.wikia.com/wiki/Parti_National-Social_Chr%C3%A9tien_(Canada)
Marc Pasquin
marcpasquin
ADMINISTRATOR
ADMINISTRATOR

Unread postby jrichardn2 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 pm

Got it, thanks!
jrichardn2
COMMUNICANT
COMMUNICANT

Advertisement

Email Converter - our sponsor